2018 Annual Report Highlights
Central Bancompany saw continued success in 2018 with another record year.
We are happy to announce that we now are a $13.2 billion holding company as compared to $12.9 billion at the end of 2017. In addition for the tenth consecutive year, Central Bancompany was recognized by Forbes Magazine as a 2018 Best Bank in America. An honor like this can only come from loyal customers, consistent leadership, and employees dedicated to excellence.
- Our net income had a 29.6% increase over 2017.
- One of the biggest drivers of earnings in 2018 was our net interest margin, which resulted in a net interest income increase of $26.6 million.
- Loans increased $182 million bringing the total to $8.3 billion. Consumer loans led the way with an increase of $45 million.
- Total deposits were up $226 million or 2.3% over 2017.
- Book value per share increased from $403.43 at the end of 2017 to $439.97 at the end of 2018, a $36.54 per share increase or 9.1%.
- Total assets increased to $13.2 billion at the end of 2018, up from $12.9 billion over 2017.