5 tips for late retirement savers
If you are nearing the age of retirement but find that you are not quite financially prepared, there is still time. Though you are going to have to change some living habits, here are a few tips to get you back on track.
- Start saving right now. First thing's first. Before you start to do anything else, you need to start putting aside money, like yesterday. If your company offers a 401(k) plan, try and max out your savings. If you find that you have more to save, consider opening other brokerage accounts, since the 401(k) alone won't be enough for you .
- Pay off your debt. One of the best ways to live on less money down the road is to pay off things today. Take a larger crack at your mortgage and other high interest debts. Try and schedule your last payment on your mortgage to be on your last day at work .
- Delay. Consider delaying when you had planned to retire to give yourself time to better prepare. Also, think about delaying your Social Security, as this will yield the best advantage for late savers .
- Think smaller. If you have a large amount left to pay on your mortgage, consider downsizing to a smaller, cheaper alternative. One story homes are usually the best option as they will set you up for the future when you can't climb the stairs as well. Reducing living expenses now will help you live on a fixed income later .
- Consider another job. If you aren't saving enough, consider getting another job. The money from your second income can be put straight into retirement. Though definitely not the ideal option, this is one of the best ways to earn more money .
 6 Steps toward Retirement Savings for the Late Starter, For Dummies
 It's never too late to save for retirement, USA Today
 10 Strategies for Late Starters to Boost Retirement Savings Fast, About
The information provided in these articles is intended for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as the opinion of Central Bancompany, Inc., and/or its affiliates and does not imply endorsement or support of any of the mentioned information, products, services, or providers. All information presented is without any representation, guaranty, or warranty regarding the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of the information.