Yet so few have made the switch and adapted to these new technologies.
What Exactly Does “Digital Banking” Mean?
Digital banking is centered on one main factor - convenience. The ability to bank when and where you want, on your terms. Here are a few examples of what it means to bank digitally:
- Make a transfer from your checking to your savings account, using your smartphone or computer
- Pay your friend back for dinner last night, using your smartphone or computer
- Deposit a check by taking a picture with your bank's mobile app
- Make a purchase on your smartphone with the touch of your fingerprint authentication
- Pay your bills on your morning commute (only if you're riding, of course!)
- Track your savings goal for your upcoming wedding
These digital banking features are all ways you can manage and maximize your money on the go, making you more connected to your finances than ever before. Bet you wish you had our Mobile Banking app now.
Which Banking Experience is Better - Digital or In-Person?
Many customers choose both. The experiences are similar, yet incomparable when you get down to the nitty gritty. While the digital experience provides the extra ease and simplicity of completing a banking transaction from anywhere, at any time, there is something to be said about sitting down with a banking specialist who knows you by name. Choosing one over the other, comes downs to how comfortable you feel and how much guidance you need when it comes to making your next major financial decision.
Is “Digital Banking” Actually Safe?
Yes, today's technologies are secure and new security enhancements are made each and every day. Proven technologies are used to keep your personal information secure while utilizing the convenience and ease of mobile banking apps, including:
- HTTPS and 128-bit SSL encryption
- Automatic time-outs when your PC or mobile device is not in use
- Multiple layers of authentication (i.e., user ID, secret word, and password)
- Strict password requirements
- Masked account information or the use of nicknames for your personal account
- Fingerprint authentication
The Central Bank Mobile App, is frequently updated to provide you with an enhanced mobile banking experience. While our app is completely secure and your personal information is never stored, there are precautions you can take as a safeguard, not only with your mobile banking app, but with any of your smartphone apps:
- Access your smartphone applications using a secured network, such as a password protected Wi-Fi
- Update your password regularly, use a complicated password, and use a password that is not tied to other online accounts (i.e., email, social media, other bank accounts)
- Use a passcode on your smartphone to add an extra layer of authentication
- Make sure your app is up-to-date and that you have the latest download
As always, if you feel as though somebody is trying to get in to your account or that you are a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately by phone at (866) 777-7912 or firstname.lastname@example.org.