Selling Your Home: What you should ask your future realtor
Congratulations on the decision to sell your home! Now on to finding the perfect realtor. Soon you’re going to have countless solicitations hitting your mailbox from realtors around the area. They all seem qualified, but how do you actually know? Chances are you’re going to choose based on a referral from a friend or a previous relationship. However, maybe it’s time to decide for yourself? After all, you shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best. Especially when it comes to selling your home.
Here are the questions you should be asking any realtor when trying to make your choice:
- What got you started in the real estate business and how long have you been selling?
- How flexible will you be when it comes to showing my home and how much notice will you need?
- Do you have a SRS (Seller Representative Specialist) or RENE (Real Estate Negotiation Expert) designation?
- How do you promote your business?
- What is your list-to-sell ratio?
- Can you provide a written marketing plan and resume?
- Do you hire a professional photographer to take photos of my home?
- What is your familiarity with selling homes in my neighborhood and how many have you sold in the last year?
- What is your market share?
- Do you ever represent both sides of the transaction - the seller and buyer?
If a realtor can easily answer each of these questions (and answer them well) then they are most qualified for your business. It's up to you to decide which realtor best knows your market and who will make the sale in a timely manner.
The information provided in these articles is intended for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as the opinion of Central Bancompany, Inc., and/or its affiliates and does not imply endorsement or support of any of the mentioned information, products, services, or providers. All information presented is without any representation, guaranty, or warranty regarding the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of the information.